Thank you for using Hiram College as a resource in your recruiting. We are confident that the liberal arts skills developed by students at Hiram College will allow them to make strong contributions to your organizations. The Career Center staff will help you connect to candidates who will meet your recruiting needs.
Posting an Internship or Full-time Job
Internship Policies and Procedures
Hiram College internship policies require students to set learning goals, work with a faculty adviser to obtain credit if credit is desired, and stay in touch with a campus contact to ensure a successful outcome. We ask employers to commit to similar best practices.
We understand that you may have many interns from institutions with different policies and have tried to keep our procedures simple. We thank you for your cooperation and participation in our students' professional development.
Link to Hiram College Internship Policies in process.
Campus Recruiting and Campus Involvement
We invite you to participate in recruiting on our campus in the following ways:
- interview individual candidates on campus
- host information tables to distribute career literature to students
- attend our Summer Job Fair in March or consortium career fairs with OFIC and NOTED
- give Employer presentations at events or classes
To increase your visibility on campus, you may also want to participate in campus programs such as
- practice interviews
- resume reviews or
- business etiquette events
Positions that will not be posted
The Hiram College Career Center will not post the following positions: Commission only positions, positions that require candidates to purchase products, companies using a pyramid or multi-level networking structure or those encouraging the recruitment of others to increase sales. We also do not post positions where students would work with a sole entrepreneur.
Third party recruiters
Hiram College follows the NACE guidelines for involvement with Third Party Recruiters. Third party recruiters may post jobs in Hiram CareerNet under the following circumstances:
- The client company is disclosed to Career Center staff
- All student information obtained from our database is kept confidential unless students consent. This is consistent with Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
- Resumes obtained through Hiram CareerNet cannot be kept for further searches without written student consent.
The Career Center staff complies with NACE Principles of Professional Conduct for Career Professionals and supports equal employment opportunity in all recruitment activities.