When you are looking for jobs, be sure to remember that there are three job search techniques (amid many more!) that you should be sure to use. They include:
- Networking with business acquaintances, Hiram alums, neighbors, classmates
- Researching organizations that interest you as a potential employer
- Applying for vacancies from the newspaper, from employment databases or from company web sites
These job boards mix jobs for new and experienced job seekers. Included are many technical positions not suitable for liberal arts graduates; however, a careful hunter can use these resources to research companies and locate more options.
- NationJob Network
- Adguide's College Recruiter Employment Site
- CareerBuilder (links to newspaper want ads in most major cities)
Indeed.com and Hound.com are national consolidators – they search job boards (Indeed) and Human Resources sites (Hound) to identify posted vacancies by job type. Use the "what" field to add a keyword like Staff Accountant or Marketing Assistant and the "where" field to narrow your search; don't narrow too much, though. Use "Cleveland,OH" rather than "Mantua, OH" to get the most options.