Professor of History
B.A., Ursinus College
M.A., Ph.D., Temple University
- US History to 1865
- The Era of the American Revolution
- Spiritual Awakenings in Early America
- Prisons and Public History
- History of American Family and Childhood
- America in the Early National Era
- Gender and Sexuality in the U.S.
- Colonization of North America
- The Indians' New World
Areas of Interest
Early American history, the history of religion in America, and the history of gender and the family in America. His area of research is the history of sexuality and religious conflict in the early American republic.
Seduced, Abandoned, and Reborn: Visions of Youth in Middle-Class America, 1780-1850. Philadelphia: University of Pennsylvania Press, 2005.