Excellence in Leadership Award Nominations
NOMINATION/APPLICATION FORMS ARE NOW AVAILABLE!!
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS - SUNDAY, APRIL 14 @ 11:59 PM
Each year our campus community comes together to recognize our student organizations, leaders, and advisors. We celebrate our many accomplishments, and honor many of our brightest stars! The annual Excellence in Leadership Awards Ceremony will take place on Wednesday, May 8, 2013 at 2:00 pm in Frohring Music Building - Recital Hall. Friends and family are welcome to attend!
Individual Student Leadership Awards
- Emerging Student Leader Award - honors an underclass student who has taken initiative and responsibility in a leadership role on campus or an upper-class student who has recently emerged as a leader in the campus community, by demonstrating initiative, determination, and dedication to their role or their organization.
- Unsung Student Leader Award - honors an individual who has served as a quiet influence in a group or organization, demonstrating a personal commitment in time and energy to the organization and utilizes a team concept in his or her role in the organization.
- Student Leader of the Year for Diversity Award - honors an individual who has demonstrated a commitment to the promotion and enhancement of cultural appreciation and sensitivity on campus and has made personal initiatives to further enhance awareness of self, the campus, and/or the community.
- Student Resident of the Year - honors a student who has made significant contribution to the community of residence life by promoting a positive living environment, upholding community standards, and showing respect for all community members.
- Commuter Student of the Year - honors a student who made a significant contribution to the commuter student community by advocating and promoting a positive commuter environment and demonstrated a commitment to enhance the experiences, success, and connections to campus of commuter students.
Teaching Assistant of the Year Award - Honors an individual who has served as an outstanding role model to new students and has upheld the ideals and values of Hiram College by promoting a positive learning environment, encouraged involvement, and had a genuine commitment to their students.
- Resident Assistant of the Year - honors an individual who has served as an outstanding role model to residents and has upheld the ideals and values of the Department of Residential Education and Hiram College by promoting a positive learning environment, involvement, inclusion, and a genuine commitment to residents.
- Outstanding Senior Female Leader of the Year - honors a graduating female student leader with exceptional leadership abilities, demonstrated dedication and commitment to his/her respective organization or committee, promotion of campus and community involvement through mentoring of other leaders, and demonstrated commitment to service on campus or in the surrounding community.
- Outstanding Senior Male Leader of the Year - honors a graduating male student leader with exceptional leadership abilities, demonstrated dedication and commitment to his/her respective organization or committee, promotion of campus and community involvement through mentoring of other leaders, and demonstrated commitment to service on campus or in the surrounding community.
- Outstanding Student Leader of the Year - honors a student who has demonstrated a commitment to leadership at Hiram College through campus involvement in their academic field or student activities. He or she must be full-time and currently enrolled.
Student Organization Awards
- New Student Organization - honors a newly formed student organization which has had a significant impact on the campus community and its members.
- Most Improved Student Organization - honors a student organization for its efforts in improving the organization through increased involvement of its members and on campus, significant accomplishment within the scope of the organization and significant advancement toward organizational goals.
- Student Organization of the Year - honors an organization for its success and support of student development, leadership, and campus involvement. This award recognizes the positive influence the organization has had on its members and the impact on campus life
- Student Organization Advisor of the Year - honors a faculty or staff member who has made a significant contribution to the success, support, and development of a student organization or made a significant impact on the lives of the students he or she works with.
- Multicultural Program of the Year - honors a student, organization, or combination of campus constituents for providing a program that promoted greater multicultural understanding and appreciation on Hiram’s campus. The program demonstrated a commitment to the promotion and enhancement of cultural appreciation and sensitivity while reaching a diverse audience.
- Residence Hall Program of the Year - honors a student initiated program or series held in a residence hall which had significant social or educational impact.
- Outstanding Community Service Project - recognizes a one-time project or an ongoing project by an organization that had an impact on the community or campus through the enhancement of the campus or surrounding community, enhancement of individual members in the organization, and enhancement of the organization through the project.
- Program of the Year - honors a student initiated, campus-wide program or series, which had a significant social or educational impact on the campus.
Student Senate Character Value Awards
In an effort to recognize students who are contributing positively to the college community, the Hiram College Student Senate will honor 5 students who demonstrate characteristics that align with each of the Senate Character Values of Scholarship, Leadership, Community, Involvement, and Superhuman. These nominees are vetted and selected by a sub-committee of Student Senate. All are welcome to apply or nominate for these award.
- Scholarship - Describes a student who is dedicated to learning both inside and outside the classroom, among peers and professors, and across disciplines.
- Leadership - Describes a student who naturally leads students either in campus activities, community service, or academics. This student’s leadership should have made an obvious impact on the campus community.
- Community - Describes a student who has contributed to the positive atmosphere of the college community. This person should be known for his/her overall positive spirit, and the effect it has on other people.
- Involvement - Describes a student who is involved in a variety of campus clubs and activities, and whose involvement encourages others to do the same.
- Superhuman - Describes a student who is the ideal candidate for each of the aforementioned values, and who’s dedication to each goes above and beyond expectations. This student should be “well-rounded.”
Greek Council Awards
Greek Council has established three awards to recognize the achievements of those students and organization which make up the Hiram College Greek Life Community. These awards will be voted on by the Excellence in Leadership Awards Selection Committee which is comprised of Hiram College faculty and staff members.
NOTE: only members of the Greek Community may submit nominations for the Greek Council Awards.
Greek Council Awards available for nomination are:
- Greek Man of the Year
- Greek Woman of the Year
- Most Supportive Organization
- Best Greek Social Club All-Campus Event/Program
Members of our Greek Social Clubs will also be recognized for high scholastic achievement and community service efforts.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS - SUNDAY, APRIL 14 @ 11:59 PM