Entrepreneurship Residential Learning Community
Do you want to find people like yourself who are interested in making things happen? The Entrepreneurship Residential Learning Community (ERLC) may be for you!
The ERLC is a living and learning community located in the suites in East Hall where students are provided with a supportive environment that encourages creativity and innovation in the pursuit of entrepreneurial interests.
Students in ERLC will have the opportunity to:
- Live with other students interested in entrepreneurship
- Assist in creating and promoting Integrated Entrepreneurship programs and events
- Meet and interact with visiting entrepreneurs
- Help host Fireside Chats, ideablitz!™ and ideabuild™
- Develop teamwork, collaboration, leadership and communication skills
- Be first to select your suite and rommates in East Hall before the open lottery begins (see ERLC application link below)
- Be a leader and an ambassador for the Integrated Entrepreneurship Program
- Participate in networking and programming opportunities
The ERLC is open to all 2nd, 3rd, and 4th year students by application. The application process begins in March. An application will be available on this site close to housing sign-ups.
Requirements for joining the ERLC:
- Complete and submit the ERLC Application (check back at the beginning of the Spring 2013 semester)
- Have a demonstrated interest in entrepreneurship, i.e., participated in either ideablitz!™, or ideabuild!™
- attended Fireside Chats regularly, or elected the E-Minor Complete or be enrolled in Entrepreneurship 205
- Must be good judicial standing
Applications will be evaluated by a panel of faculty, residence life staff and the Program's Director.
As an ERLC member, you agree to:
- Attend and participate in ERLC monthly programming
- Attend at least 6 of 10 Fireside Chats
- Attend or participate in ideablitz and ideabuild
- Be an active member in Hiram's C.E.O. Club
2013-2014 Application Process
- Complete ERLC Application online at - https://hiram.wufoo.com/forms/201314-erlc-application/ by 12:00AM, Monday, February 25, 2013.
- Notification of acceptance by March 11, 2013.
- Attend mandatory meeting, Tuesday, March 19, 5:00PM- Dining Center Side Room
Events & Activities Hosted by the ERLC
- Entrepreneurship Mixer
- Involvement Fair Information Table
- Weekly Fireside Chat Speaker Series
- Hosted KSU's Entrepreneurship Learning Community Picnic
- Emceed at ideablitz!™
- Get A Head at Hiram T-Shirt Sale
For more information on the ERLC application process contact Kay Molkentin.