Hiram Leadership Application Process (LAP)
Do you want to make an impact at Hiram College through leadership and dedication? We are here to select and guide Hiram's leaders through a process called LAP (Leadership Application Process).
We are always excited to have new or seasoned student leaders join our organizations and are glad you have decided to be a part of the process. To apply for a leadership position, please take the following steps.
1. Please read position descriptions carefully to determine that you are willing to commit the time and energy that the position(s) require(s). Also check to make sure you meet the minimum qualifications for that position(s).
- Admission Navigator
- Admission Campus Visit Assistant
- Orientation Leader
- Peer Advocate
- Peer Assistant for New International Students
- Peer Career Advisor
- Resident Assistant
- Teaching Assistant
- Welcome Center Staff Member
2. To complete an application for the LAP Process please do the following:
- Print out 2 of the Recommendation Forms and request that your 2 recommenders fill them out. One recommendation needs to come from an individual in the Hiram College Community.
Do not submit your application until you know the names of your 2 recommenders. You should ensure that your recommenders know that you would like them to serve as a reference for the LAP positions and to which positions you are applying. Recommenders should be able to comment on your qualifications and strengths, as well as areas in which you may need to improve. You may want to provide them with a copy of the job description(s) and a copy of your resume so they can write an informed recommendation.
Please remember that you must print out your own recommendation forms and give them to your recommender.
- Printed Recommendation Forms need to be turned into Allison Monroe in the Office of Campus Involvement by 4 PM on January 31, 2014.
- Starting on December 2 you can fill out the Wufoo application form here: https://hiram.wufoo.com/forms/lap-application-for-20142015-positions/
- You must attach your resume as a PDF in this application.
- Online Applications that include an uploaded resume as well as your 2 printed recommendation forms are due no later than 4:00 PM on Friday, January 31, 2014.
3. You will need to upload a resume with your online application. For resume assistance, you may utilize the services of the Career Center. The following services are available:
- Resume Writing Guide
- Resume ER - Wednesday, January 22 - 10:00 PM - Midnight
4. Individual Interviews will take place Monday, February 2 through Friday, February 14, 2014. Sign-ups for individual interviews will be made available Monday, January 20, 2014 - Friday, January 31, 2014 and will be available online. You will be contacted about setting up an individual interview by each position's leaders.
5. If selected to continue after your individual interview, Mandatory Group Process Interviews will take place on Sunday, February 23, 2014 - Time TBD. Please save this date.
6. Decision announcements will be sent on Friday, March 7, 2014.
- Minimum requirements for each position must be met in order for an applicant to continue in the process. This includes being in good academic and judicial standing. Please note that some positions have minimum GPA requirements. Be sure to carefully read the job description for the position(s) for which you are applying.
- Resident Assistants may not serve as Community Council Members.
- There is no limit to the number of positions for which you may apply, however, carefully choose positions that match your strengths and skills. Many of these positions will take time out of your schedules, therefore please take this into account before applying.
- A LAP Booth will take place the week of January 20 in the Kennedy Center - Time TBD. This will be a booth manned by a professional staff member or current LAP position holder to answer questions about the LAP Process.
For Further Information about a specific position, please contact the person listed below:
- Admission Navigator - Connie Brannon, Assistant Director of Admission, x5179
- Admission Campus Visit Assistant- Connie Brannon, Assistant Director of Admission, x5179
- Orientation Leader - Liz Okuma, Associate Vice President & Associate Dean of Students, x5233
- Peer Advocate - Alicia Jefferson, Connect2Complete VISTA, X5420
- Peer Assistant for New International Student - Nicole Gatrell, Director of International Student Services, x-5388
- Peer Career Advisor - .Kathryn Craig, Director of Career Services, x-5131
- Resident Assistant - Mike Corr, Sr. Associate Dean of Students, x5232 or any Residential Education Staff Member
- Teaching Assistant - Liz Okuma, Associate Vice President & Associate Dean of Students, x5233
- Welcome Center Staff Member - Allison Monroe, Coordinator of Student Engagement, x-5181