If you are a local high school student who feels you are ready to take college-level coursework, the Post-Seconday Enrollment Option (PSEO) may be right for you. Students can enroll in college courses and receive high school credit, and at Hiram, PSEO students will also receive college credit from Hiram and other participating institutions.
High school students who wish to enroll in Hiram College classes as part of the Post-Secondary Enrollment Option need the following information:
To be Considered for Participation
- Must be at least sophomore level (10th grade)
- Submit an application (Click here for the online application)
- Submit an official transcript (sent from the high school).
- Submit a recommendation from a high school counselor.
- Interview with an admission counselor at Hiram College after submitting credentials listed above.
Academic Credentials Necessary for Consideration
Rank in the top ten percent of the class with a GPA of at least 3.0
- It is expected that the course(s) desired are not available at the high school.
- Post-secondary students may begin by taking one course their first semester.
- Enrollment in a course will be on a space available basis.
- Sophomore (10th grade) students will be limited to a maximum of 2 courses per semester.
Deadlines for Consideration
July 1 for Fall Semester
December 1 for Spring Semester
Students interested in pursuing the PSEO option should sit down with their guidance counselor to determine if PSEO is right for their academic careers. For questions and/or interview appointments about the PSEO program at Hiram, please call Hiram toll free at: 800-362-5280. All letters of inquiry and credentials should be addressed to the following:
Post-Secondary Enrollment Option
Attn: Stephanie Lukezic
Office of Admission, Hiram College
P.O. Box 96
Hiram, OH 44234