Hiram College has recently made an investment in new classroom and laboratory technology in order to provide our students with the best possible educational opportunities. In order to maximize this investment and better integrate this technology into the classroom, Hiram College has established a required notebook computer policy.
The goal of the policy is to standardize student's computer platforms to allow all to have comparable hardware.
All computers on Hiram's campus are serviced by the Dray Computer Center located in Teachout-Price Hall.
The mandatory computer policy is:
- Incoming students are required to bring a notebook computer to campus.
- The recommended notebook computers are the Dell Latitude notebook PC series which can be purchased through Dell at www.dell.com/Hiram. Our technicians are trained to work on these notebooks and will be able to provide sufficient support for them.
- While students can bring any other type of notebook computer they would like, we cannot guarantee our ability to service them. If you have questions or concerns about support for your chosen computer, please contact Dray Computer Center's Help Desk at 330.569.5313 or .
- The computer center will help all students access Hiram's wireless network and get connected to the Internet, no matter what type of laptop they have.
- Special financing is available through Dell at www.dell.com/Hiram. You can also speak with a financial aid counselor about other financing possibilities.