Spring 2013 Events
Speaker: Paul Greenberg, author of Four Fish7 p.m., Pritchard Room
Margaret Clark Morgan Lecture on Mental Health6:30 p.m., Kennedy Center Ballroom
Convocation: Dam Science on the Cuyahoga RiverNoon, Alumni Heritage Room
Nuclear Iran: The Options for American PolicyKennedy Center Ballroom, 4:15 p.m.
ideabuild!2013Dix Dining Hall, 5-8:30 p.m.
Joel Salatin, Organic Farmer and authorHayden Auditorium, 7 p.m.
Paul Freedman, author Pritchard Room, Noon
Centers of Distinction fuel interdisciplinary study at Hiram.
They have added new degree and certificate programs, seminars, competitions, workshops and internships. They provide, in essence, an education on steroids. Through Centers, students from any major can:
- Develop plans for new businesses and social ventures – and start running them
- Master Organic Chemistry or Music Theory while training in Hospice
- Travel to Washington to interact directly with key leaders developing our domestic and foreign policy
- Partner with faculty and staff to establish Hiram's Sustainability Goals
- Teach Genomics to high schoolers, while taking on their own research project
- Edit and publish a professional literary journal
- Become a campus leader in a service partnership within our community
Centers of Distinction offer the opportunity to know, to do, to dare.